The Austin Asian American Film Festival (AAAFF) is seeking a new EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR as we prepare for our 11th annual film festival. Building on the festival’s history as the premiere showcase of top Asian and Asian American cinema in Austin, we are looking for a dynamic, passionate EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR to lead the continued evolution and growth of AAAFF as we solidify our position as a vital cultural mainstay of our diverse and growing city.
The EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR will lead the planning committee in the preparation and execution of the AAAFF and year-round programming. S/he will report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for developing and overseeing the festival budget.
This is an excellent opportunity to support diversity in media and lead a project that is essential to the Asian American community. AAAFF offers an open, collaborative work environment where the board and staff are engaged in meaningful work that directly contributes to our mission. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Salary based on experience. This is a non-benefited position with seasonally flexible hours.
• Oversee all aspects of the film festival and year-round programming including programming, operations, and marketing
• Recruit and manage festival staff, interns, and volunteers
• Foster positive, professional, and productive working relationships among members of the planning committee
• Ensure highest level of artistic content and presentation at the festival and year-round events
• Build and maintain professional relationships with filmmakers, distributors, and community partners
• Ensure sound financial planning, budget preparation, and fiscal management
• Participate in board meetings and provide planning and budget updates
• Represent AAAFF in the local community and in the media
• 3+ years of leadership experience, preferably in a non-profit arts organization
• Demonstrated organizational leadership and management capability
• Demonstrated ability to work with a governing board
• Experience with financial management in a small-to-medium-sized organization
• Strong leadership and collaboration skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking
• Ability to lead and motivate staff and volunteers
• Experience with non profit arts organizations and/or the film industry a plus
If you have a passion for cinema and are committed to diversity and inclusion, this can be an ideal opportunity to help AAAFF grow and flourish!
Please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of the Austin Asian American Film Festival (AAAFF) is to tell Asian and Asian American stories via media arts and help Asian American explore opportunities in cinema.